You can configure dynamic class loading by setting properties.
- Navigate to the project WEB-INF/config directory and find the bowstreet.properties and override.properties files.
If the override.properties file does not exist, create it.
- In a text editor, open the override.properties file and locate the following two properties.
- If the properties are not in the file, open the bowstreet.properties file, and copy the lines that contain the properties and paste them in the override.properties file.
- In the override.properties file, change the settings as indicated in the following example.
Dynamically loaded classes cannot be on the Java class path and be dynamically loaded.
- Save and close the override.properties file.
Dynamic class loading is enabled. Each time the WebSphere® Portlet Factory servlet fields a service call, class file time stamps are examined. If a later time stamp exists, a new version of a class is loaded. Typically, for performance reasons, the checkTimestamp
property is set to true in a development environment and false in production.
About configuring dynamic class loading
You can configure the IBM® WebSphere Portlet Factory servlet to dynamically load linked Java object, profile set manager and regen classes.
Dynamic class loading
Java classes may be dynamically loaded from the directory or directories specified in the bowstreet.dynamic.class.load.path
Parent topic: Configuring IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory