Creating a profile set from the Profile Input dialogAdded by IBM on June 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create a profile set from the Profile Input dialog.
You can create a profile set from the Profile Input
Note these rules for creating profile sets:
- The name of the profile set can contain only letters, digits, and periods.
- The profile set's description is mandatory.
To create a profile set from the Profile Input
- In the Profile Input dialog, click the Create button (located next to the Profile Set Name select box).
- In the New Profile Set dialog, enter the name of the new profile set in the Name input box.
The length of the name allowed is determined by the underlying operating system (or database for profiles stored in a DB). You must give a profile set a name that is a legal filename on the operating system that you are working on, or legal for your DB. In all settings, it is good practice to keep profile set names under the 256-character limit imposed by the Windows operating system.
- Enter a description for the new profile set in the Description input box.
- Optionally, you can copy the entries and profiles from an existing profile set in the drop-down menu. If you do so, you can see who last changed the profile set and the description by clicking on the Properties button.
- Click OK.
Parent topic: Profiling IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory applications