This topic describes the steps to follow to create a profile.
- Launch the New Profile dialog:
- From the Manage Profiles editor, click the New Profile icon [ ].].
- From the Profile Input dialog, click the Create button in the Profiles section.
- In the New Profile dialog, enter a name for the new profile in the Profile Name input box.
- Choose a parent profile whose values the new profile inherits from the Parent Profile select box.
- Optionally, use the Advanced pull-down menu to associate available segments (an entity returned by a profile handler, such as a J2EERole or an LDAP Group) with the profile. Select the segment from the Available for Association list and move segment to the Associated pane.
For example, if the Profile Handler that you have created returns LDAP Groups, you can select a role in the Available for Association list to associate with the profile.
You can also click the Add External button to add an external role to the profile
- Click OK to create the profile.
When a profile is created that is a parent of another profile, the isContainer
check box is enabled. The last child profile created disables the isContainer
check box. If you are creating profiles to be used as "end user" profiles to be used for execution time personalization, disable the "Is Container" folder just to the right of the Name
About profile creation
You can create a profile in the Manage Profile editor or from the profile input dialog.
Parent topic: Profiling IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory applications