This example uses a pair of simple service provider and service consumer (presentation) models.
It uses a JDBC database connection in the service layer (SQL Call builder), although the service could just as easily use any WebSphere® Portlet Factory integration builders such as SAP, Domino, PeopleSoft, Web Services, or any integration builders created for proprietary back-ends.
Essentially only two steps are required to build the application:
- Create the service layer (service provider model) with three builders:
Use the service operations in the Presentation model, with these builders:
- Integration builder (SAP, SQL, Domino, and so on.) or method
- Service definition builder
- Service operation builder(s)
- Service Consumer builder
- Various page automation builders (View and Form, Record, List and Details, and so on.)
Once these core pieces are in place, you can add other builders to enhance the service or consumer side as desired.
Parent topic: Building a service-oriented application