You can use the right-click menu in the model editor to modify some of the settings that are used for displaying a column or a field.
In the model editor in IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory, you use the Pages and Design panels to view the form or page to be changed. To change a field display setting, for example, the label, use the Data Field Settings builder.
- In the Pages panel, locate and select the form or page that contains the column or field to be changed.
- In the Design panel, locate and select the group that contains the column or field.
- Right-click the selection and click Data Field Settings -> Field.
You see the command only if a container is selected.
- In the Data Field Settings dialog, in Page Scope, click one of the following choices to determine the scope of the change.
Change any of the settings for the field.
- All pages changes the field in all pages in the model.
- Current page changes the field in just the selected page.
Click OK. Hide
Do one of the following:
- Enter the label to be used for this field.
- Set to [Do not change] to let this field retain the value that it already has.
- Set to [Blank] to cause this field to have no label.
Control whether the field does not display all the time (Hide Always), displays all the time (Show Always), or does not display only when it is in a table (Hide in tables only). Sort
Control whether sorting is enabled (On) or disabled (Off) for the column or field. Field Type
The type of sorting to be used is determined by the RDD file in use.
Select the new value from the list. The values for this setting come from the file specified in the default RDD file used for the project. Lookup Table / Choices
Select the new value from the list. Default values come from lookup tables in the model and in the default RDD file. You can also enter multiple values, each separated by a semicolon (;). These values also apply to select or radio buttons if the field is data entry, or the lookup table is used to translate the field if the field is set to Display Only.
If a Data Field Settings builder is not currently in the model for this form or page, a builder call is added to the model with the new settings. If the model currently has a Data Field Settings builder for the form or page, the new settings are added to the current builder.
Optional: Change any of the settings for the page by opening the builder call editor for the Data Field Settings builder and modifying the associated builder inputs.
Parent topic: Creating pages and forms
Setting file character encoding