Modifying page layout by dragging and droppingAdded by IBM on June 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can use drag and drop operations in the Design panel to modify page automation elements.
You can use drag and drop operations in the Design panel to modify page automation elements.
In the Design panel in WebSphere® Portlet Factory Designer, use drag and drop operations to make changes on your page.
- In the model editor, access and select a page from the Application Tree or the Pages panel.
- Click the Design tab to display the page layout in the Design panel.
- To move an element, on the page, select a group for a row or a column.
A selected element is surrounded by a thick, blue border.
- With the move cursor displayed, click the selected element and drag it to the target location and drop it.
- To undo any drag and drop operation, click Edit -> Undo.
- To create a new layout based on a standard design layout pattern, use the palette.
- In the Design panel, click the Show Palette icon to display a list of design tools and commands that add builders to your model.
- Click Layout Tools and select one of the layout patterns.
Inverted T Layout
- Drag the entry to your page, hover the cursor over a page automation element, and drop the selection on the element.
A Display Manager builder is added to the model. The builder splits the fields between two column sections of the layout. It adds a new layout container with the layout pattern that you selected and leaves it empty.
If a Display Manager builder already exists in the model, you receive an error message. You can delete the current Display Manager builder. This action removes the current layout changes so that you can make new changes.
- Use drag and drop operations to move the elements into the new layout container.
To undo any drag and drop operation, click Edit -> Undo.
- Run your model to test your changes.
Parent topic: Modifying the layout of data page elements