Modifying page layout with data layout templatesAdded by IBM on June 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can use a data layout template to modify the layout of pages created by a Data Page builder or builders that use Data Page.
You can use a data layout template to modify the layout of pages created by a Data Page builder or builders that use Data Page.
The specified data layout template and layout field mapping are used by a Data Layout builder to modify a layout generated by a Data Page builder. You can use one of the data layout templates that are provided in the product or your own templates to provide reusable custom pattern support.
- In an open model in the WebSphere® Portlet Factory Designer Pages panel, select the page to be modified.
- In the Designer panel, select the container field for the page element to be changed.
- In the WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer palette, click Layout Tools and navigate to the data layout template to be used.
Both product-supplied and user-created templates are listed.
- Right-click the data layout template entry and click Insert.
You can also drag the desired layout type from the palette and drop it on a container in the Design panel.
The Data Layout builder call editor opens in a new window. The Layout Template input contains the data layout template that you selected.
- In the builder call editor, in the Container Field input, specify the group or the field to be changed.
If you dropped the template on the container, this input contains the ID of the container.
- In the Data Layout input, map target element locations from the data layout template listed under Name to a data field or data field label.
- In Value, click in a cell and select a field or label from the list.
- In Style, click in a cell and select an entry from the list for the data layout template.
- Click OK to save your changes, close the builder call editor, and see your changes in the Design panel.
The Data Layout builder is added to your model.
- To make changes in the layout, open the Data Layout builder and modify the appropriate inputs.
Parent topic: Modifying the layout of data page elements