Profiling actions in an action listAdded by IBM on June 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can alter the actions contained in an action list for different types of users.
You can alter the actions contained in an action list for different types of users.
Use one of the following approaches:
- You can profile the individual actions to produce an action list with the same number of actions, but the specific actions change according to the action names specified in the profile.
- You can create one or more action lists that contain the actions that you want to execute, depending on the user, and specify those action lists as the individual actions in a container action list.
The actions executed in the container action list vary according to the status values supplied by a profile of the individual action lists.
To profile actions in an action list:
- Add to the model an Action List builder that contains the default set of actions.
- In a profile set, add entries that correspond to the list of actions.
For example, you could name these entries Action1, Action2, and Action3.
- In the Manage Profiles tab of the Profile Manager, create the profiles and set the entry values to the pages and methods in the model that you want to execute in the action list.
For example, you could specify Page2, Method4, and Method6 for the entry values listed above.
- In the Action List builder call editor, enable the Profile box for the row containing an item you want to profile.
- Click Profile.
The Profile Row of Inputs dialog displays.
- In this dialog, associate a profile value with the ActionList item.
Parent topic: Action List builder