You can run the JSP precompile tool from the command line.
- Disable security on the .../genjsp directory.
- Ensure that the application server is running.
- Change to IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory .../J2EERoot/bin directory.
- Type the following command.
compilejsp.bat (on Windows® systems)
compilejsp.sh (on Linux® systems)
- Type the URL argument.
- Type any other desired arguments.
- Click Enter to initiate operations.
- Examine the .../genjsp directory to view the generated JSPs.
Pre-compiling model JSPs
Pre-generating and pre-compiling Java Server Pages (JSPs) prior to publishing eliminates the delay a user experiences due to the lag time caused by waiting for JSP pages to generate and compile.
How pre-compilation works
The tool uses a two-stage approach to generating and compiling JSPs.
Parent topic: Publishing a project