Use the SAP Function Call builder to access functions in SAP.
This builder is typically used in a service provider model to implement a service operation. With it, you can invoke any BAPI or remote-enabled function from SAP.
To use this builder, there a few steps you need to take to enable connectivity with SAP. Instructions for these steps may be found in the SAP Getting Started Guide. This builder is typically used when creating a service provider model that accesses data from SAP. A typical service provider model would contain:
- A Service Definition builder, often with testing support enabled for easy testing of database functionality.
- One or more SAP Function Call builders, to retrieve or store data from SAP.
- One or more Service Operation builders, corresponding to the SAP Function Call builders, so that each operation is implemented with a corresponding SAP Function Call.
In most common applications of this builder, use these inputs to complete your service provider model that accesses data from SAP.
- Properties File
- SAP Function
Key objects this builder creates
When used to create a service provider model that accesses data from SAP, this builder creates the following key objects.
- <name> Data Service, with an execute operation
- <name>_Inputs, <name>_Exports, and <name>_Tables variables, to hold the inputs and results from the function
A complete sample shows you how to use IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory to create service provider model that accesses data from SAP. http://www.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/ibm-creating-an-sap-service
More about this builder
This builder provides basic SAP connection and function selection inputs. This builder does not provide the page and display options available in the View and Form builder. This low-level builder is used to establish a call to a remote-enabled SAP function. This builder creates a Java method that can be called to get data from the SAP system. This builder also creates model variables that contain the data returned from the function.
Parent topic: Builder help
About using the builder call editor
SAP: specifying credentials