When displaying business component data on a web page it is best to use meaningful labels, and probably the actual Siebel field names.
When data is passed to/from the SiebelDataHelper LJO it is passed in XML Variables with element names that are derived from the field names associated with the Siebel Business Component. For example, a field name of "Email Address" will be mapped to an element name of "Email__Address".
This builder contains a Generate Label Resources
input that, when enabled, causes the builder to construct a resource bundle that can be used by other builders, such as Data Page, to create presentable web pages. The resource bundle contains the name mappings from the derived element name back to the real Siebel field name. So, to use the Siebel field names on a page created by the Data Page builder:
- Check the Generate Label Resources input of the Siebel Business Component builder.
- Apply the builder input changes.
The label resource bundles are written to WEB-INF/work/source/nls/ModelPath/ModelName_BuilderName_BusinessComponentName.properties and WEB-INF/work/classes/nls/ModelPath/ModelName_BuilderName_BusinessComponentName.properties. The name of the resource bundle will be name_BusinessComponentNameproperties..
Note: If the files exist already they will not be overwritten and you will need to remove them first. This behavior allows you to further modify them after they have been created.
- Open the Data Page builder that is being used to display the Business Component data.
- In the Label Translation Settings group, select the resource bundle as the value for the Resource Bundle Name input.
- Apply the Data Page changes and run your model.
The displayed web page now uses the selected labels instead of the property names to identify Component Interface data.
Parent topic: Siebel Business Component builder