Using the Dojo Tooltip BuilderAdded by IBM on June 28, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can have the application display a popup text box when the user's mouse hovers over a specified target on a page.
You can have the application display a popup text box when the user's mouse hovers over a specified target on a page.
- Create a model that contains a page that you want to add the tooltip functionality to.
- Add the Dojo Tooltip builder to your model.
- Point the builder at a page location where you wish to place the tooltip.
For example if your page contains the following, then select tipTag
as the page location:
This <span name="tipTag" style="color: blue;">example</span> uses a simple text string as the tooltip.
- Provide the desired text for the tooltip caption.
For example, "This is my first tooltip".
- Run the model and hover your mouse over the target area (The word "example" in this example).
You should see your tooltip text popup over the target area.
- Move your mouse outside the target area and the tooltip will close.
Parent topic: Dojo Tooltip builder