The following instructions will guide you through the WebSphere Portal v6.1/188.8.131.52 installation including a new WAS installation screen-by-screen.
The WebSphere Portal v6.1 installer will automatically install WebSphere Application Server 184.108.40.206.
The WebSphere Portal v220.127.116.11 installer will automatically install WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168.
1. Launch the installer from the Setup CD (W-Setup for Windows, IL-Setup for Linux, A-Setup for AIX, etc).
2. Click 'Next' on the welcome screen.
3. Accept the License Agreement and click 'Next'
4. On the next screen, select whether you want a Full or Administrative installation.
5. Select the desired path for the WebSphere directory and click 'Next'.
NOTE: Both the AppServer directory and the PortalServer directory will be created in this
NOTE: Ensure that the desired path does not already exist in your environment. The Portal
installer must create it for you.
WARNING: A check is performed here to determine whether or not this pathname will be too long. On Windows, the maximum path length is 256 characters. You may see the following error message:
EJPIC0047E: The installation path must be 256 characters or less
If you see this on Windows, please shorten your pathname. If you see this on UNIX, you can re-launch the installation, except add this flag when launching ./install.sh:
./install.sh -W ProfilePathLengthCheckSequenceUnix.active=false
6. Enter a node name and the fully qualified hostname of your environment.
NOTE: The node name will be used as the cell name for the standalone environment.
NOTE: Do not use any of the following special characters or spaces when defining a node name:
7. Security is enabled by default. Enter a user ID and password you would like to use.
NOTE: This same user ID and password will be used to authenticate to WAS and Portal.
NOTE: Do not use any of the following special characters or spaces when defining a user ID and password:
8. Windows only. Select whether or not you'd like the servers to be set up as Windows Services.
9. On the summary screen, click 'Next' to begin the installation.