Portal Server is installed with a default WpsContextRoot value of "wps" and a WpsDefaultHome of "portal". This forms the basic Portal URL of http://server:port
The Portal InfoCenter has a page
detailing how to update these values.
The Activeinsight installer assumes that the Portal server is using this default URi, and will install its WARs ans EARS with this in mind. It is not difficult to get ActiveInsight to run properly on a Portal with has a different URi. The key is that the Activeinsight portlet applications fall under the category of "custom portlet applications" and thus we can follow the infoCenter instructions for updating everything.
The ActiveInsight Installer will have put all the necessary components in Portalserver_root
/installableApps. Without trying to duplicate the InfoCenter instructions in detail, here is a summary of what is needed:
- Stop Portal
- Make the necessary changes to wkplc.properties for WpsContextRoot and wkplc_comp.properties for WpsDefaultHome.
- Start server1
- from profile_root/ConfigEngine run the following: ./ConfigEngine.sh modify-servlet-path -DPortalAdminPwd=password -DWasPassword=password (use ConfigEngine.bat, if running a Windows based Portal.
- Restart Portal and server1.
- Update the HTTP Server plugin as needed.
- Review the InfoCenter page to make sure you are not omitting something crucial to your environment.
I have tested this on a v6.1.2 version of ActiveInsight running on WebSphere Portal v18.104.22.168