Following are the list of Options that are to be set enabled/taken care on the real devices for the best rendering of Mobile portals.
It has to be made sure that the following browser settings are enabled (if available)
1. Show Images
2. Show Background Images
3. Enable CSS/StyleSheets
6. Support HTML Tables
7. Use Foreground and Background Colors
8. Style Sheet Media Type ---> HANDHELD
9. Support Embedded Media
10. Auto-Fit Pages to the Screen (to be enabled) - in Android device browsers - enabled by default
11. Accept Cookies (to be enabled) - in Android device browsers enabled by default
If any of the above settings are not available on the user mobile device, it implies that the device might support the same property by default (or it is enabled).
In Blackberry, it is as following menu navigation.
- Browser > Options > Browser Configuration
- Browser > Options > General Settings
- Browser > Options > Other Settings
** Make sure the settings are saved after exiting the settings panel in the device.
In general, as a best practices of using/utilizing the mobile portal/web, it is recommended to provide the end users (mobile users) a note/guide/set of instructions for better viewing of mobile web pages. This helps the customer to instruct on enabling various options on their device browser before enjoying the UI of the mobile portal solution. The preload notices of Mobile Portal Accelerator can be leveraged to display instruction note to the end-user on mobile settings for better rendering of the mobile portal pages.
Note: For pre-load notices (PLNs), refer the IBM MPA Infocenter documentation,