To reduce the amount of hardware needed, Bill created the deployment manager
profile on Server A.
1. To stop the Portal Express server, he opened
a command prompt and switched to the following directory: C:\IBM\WebSphere\PE\AppServer\bin
2. He ran the following command:
stopServer.bat WebSphere_Portal -username wpsadmin -password passw0rd
3. He changed to C:\IBM\WebSphere\PE\AppServer\bin\ProfileManagement,
and execute this command:
4. He selected the option to create a deployment
5. He selected Typical profile creation
6. He e
nables the administrative security
for the deployment manager profile and typed the same user and password
as portal administrator user on Server A.
7. He reviewed the summary information.
8. He changed to the following directory: D:\IBM\WebSphere\profiles\Dmgr01\bin
9. He ran following command to start the deployment
Next step: 5.0
Configure Server A to communicate with the deployment manager.