Installing Lotus ActiveInsight on a Portal cluster
- IBM WebSphere Portal v6.1.5
- IBM WebSphere Application Server v126.96.36.199 or v7.0
- LDAP Server supported by IBM WebSphere Portal v6.1.5
- IBM DB2 v9.1.x or v9.5.x or Oracle
- HTTP Server supported by the version of IBM WebSphere Application Server being used.
- 1 server running the HTTP server software
- 1 server running the Database Server software
- 1 server running LDAP Server software
- 1 server to run the Deployment Manager node
- 1 or more servers running WebSphere Portal cluster nodes
The above server listed roughly matches the recommended layout that the IBM WebSphere Portal Infocenter details for a production deployment.
It is possible, for smaller deployments or for test environments to combine the functions of the servers listed. Doing so might reduce the full abilities of the clustered environment.
The procedures below will assume the use of IBM DB2 and IBM HTTP Server on the supporting servers. Adapt the instructions as needed if using Oracle.
- Install the WebSphere Cluster as detailed in the Portal Infocenter. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc_v6101/install/production.html. Another excellent guide to doing this can be found in the Step-by-Step Cluster Guide for IBM WebSphere Portal v6.1 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&ca=port&uid=swg21313184 . Once complete a functioning portal cluster will be available.
- Obtain the Lotus Activeinsight v6.1.5 installation software via CD or electronic distribution. If a CD then mount the CD on the Portal Primary node so that the files can be accessed. If the latter, then expand the Zip file into a temporary place on the primary node.
- Copy the LAI_DBSETUP.zip file to the Database server which will be used for the ActiveInsight database. If the database server is a Linux or Unix OS then it is best to put this file so that the DB2 instance user can access it.
- Unzip the file.
- Make sure that Java is in the PATH environment. The setup scripts rely on java to do much of the setup work. For example on unix(using a 64 bit OS): export PATH=$PATH:/opt/IBM/db2/V9.1/java/jdk64/jre/bin
- Edit the db2.properties file. The values be used to create the database and populate the system values. The default settings will assume a Windows environment. Alter as necessary.
- Run setup_db2.bat or setup_db2.sh. The script will first display a list of the property values to be used and then if the user agrees by pressing 'Y' the script will create the database and populate it.
- Copy the LAI_WAS_Update.zip to the Deployment Manager server
- Unzip the file.
- To update the wps.ear file with the Activeinsight themes the add_ai_themes.bat or add_ai_themes.sh needs to be run. these scripts require 5 parameters:
- Destination directory i.e. /tmp or C:\temp
- Deployment Manager profile root i.e /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01 or C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01 (note for Windows here we do use a java style path separator)
- Deployment manager SOAP port (def 8879)
- Deployment Manager admin id
- DEployment manager admin password
- Run the add_ai_themes script with the proper parameters. If a failure is shown, check to see that the parameter value are correct and rerun the script.
- Create the Activeinsight datasource.
- Login to the Deployment Manager Integrated Console
- Select Reources-->JDBC-->JDBC providers
- Set the scope to be PortalCluster (If the PortalCluster has another name this will vary)
- Click "New" to creat e a new JDBC/DataSource definition. Fill in the values similar to the ones shown here:
- In the next panel, for DB2 choose "DB2" as the databasetype, "DB2 Universal JDBC Driver provider: