Installing the Social Media PublisherAdded by IBM on October 3, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Follow these steps to install the Social Media Publisher on your authoring server, and then on any servers that subscribe from your authoring server.
- Download the extension package and extract it to a temporary directory.
- Edit the smp.properties file and set the following properties:
Specify the location of the WebSphere® Portal profile directory.PAA_INSTALL_DIR
This is the path to the paa installation directory.OFFLINE_MODE
Set to True to install the Social Media Publisher without accessing external DTD files from the internet. Set this to false if your environment has direct access to the internet.AUTHOR_DB_URL
This is the URL of the database server used by the authoring server. This should be the same as the name specified in the jcr.DbUrl property in the wklpc_dbdomain.properties file. If the jcr.DbUrl property is set to 'localhost' then replace this with the IP address of the authoring server before installing on non-authoring servers.AUTHOR_DB_SCHEMA
This is the schema type of the authoring server. This should be the same as the schema specified in the jcr.DbSchema property in the wklpc_dbdomain.properties file.AUTHOR_DB_TYPE
This is the type of database used by the authoring server. This should be the same as the type specified in the jcr.DbType property in the wklpc_dbdomain.properties file.AUTHOR_DB_NAME
This is the name of the database server used by the authoring server. This should be the same as the name specified in the jcr.DbName property in the wklpc_dbdomain.properties file.
- Ensure that the following options have been correctly enabled:
- That the WasPassword and PortalAdminPwd passwords are set in the wkplc.properties file.
- That the jcr.DBPassword password is set in wkplc_dbdomain.properties file.
- On non Windows™ systems, ensure that the install.sh script has execute permission and run chmod +x install.sh or equivalent if needed.
- That a proxy server is configured if your server is behind a proxy.
- Run the installation script:
- If you are publishing to an IBM Connections server, then import the SSL certificate from the IBM Connections server into the WebSphere Portal server
- Restart the server.
- Add the Social Configuration library to all syndication relationships.
Repeat these steps for each subscriber server in your environment. The settings defined for Shared Social database properties
in the smp.properties
file must be the same as those defined on the syndicator server.
When installing on a server other than the authoring server, if your JCR database username or password is different from the authoring server, then run the following command from the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine
ConfigEngine.bat action-set-wcm-social-datasource-credentials -DWcmSocialDSNewUserName=AUTH_DB_USERNAME -DWcmSocialDSNewPassword=AUTH_DB_PASSWORDLinux
./ConfigEngine.sh action-set-wcm-social-datasource-credentials -DWcmSocialDSNewUserName=AUTH_DB_USERNAME -DWcmSocialDSNewPassword=AUTH_DB_PASSWORD
Additional installation and configuration
Parent topic: Social Media Publisher V1.0 for Web Content Manager V7.0
- When importing or migrating a Social Media Publisher library, you must also migrate credential vault data using the XML configuration interface. See the WebSphere Portal product documentation for further details.
- Anonymous access to web content libraries, content items and images is required for posting to external social networks. Single signon can also be enabled for IBM Connections.