There are two ways to enable this extension:
- Integrate the MLPortalLocaleSwitcher.jsp from the wcm-multilocale.ear into your theme.
- Place a Web Content Viewer (JSR 286) portlet on the page configured to display the JSP - ML Portal Locale Switcher component from the MLConfiguration_v7 library.
- Select a content item from one of the localized libraries as the content context.
- Set Broadcast links to to This Page.
To use the extension, update all Web Content Viewer portlets to reference the multilingual context processor:
Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)
Edit the portlet settings and select the com.ibm.workspace.wcm.ml.contextProcessor.MLContextProcessor from within the Plugins section of the Advanced Options. Legacy Web Content Viewer Portlet
Add the following property to the configuration of the Web Content Viewer portlet:
How it works
Parent topic: Extensions for multilingual sites
- When a Web Content Viewer (JSR 286) portlet is rendered, the multilingual context processor checks whether the locale has changed. If the locale has changed, then an equivalent item in the new locale is displayed.
- If a presentation template has been selected in the Web Content Viewer (JSR 286) configuration, then a localized presentation template is also searched for and used if available.