Creating offers for your Interact SpotAdded by IBM on November 22, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|For each offer that you create in IBM Interact, create a corresponding offer in your web content library in IBM® WebSphere® Portal.
- Create your offer from an offer template in Interact. Each offer has a unique offer code that is used later in these instructions.
- For each offer that you create in Interact, create a corresponding offer as a content item in your web content library. Content items use presentation and authoring templates. Create your own presentation and authoring templates or use the sample templates to get started.
To use the sample templates, go to Applications -> Web Content Management -> Marketing.
See the Help link for instructions on creating content items, creating presentation templates, and creating authoring templates.
- Link the offer that you created in Interact to the corresponding offer in your web content library. An Interact offer provides metadata about your marketing offer. An offer in your web content library provides the web representation of your Interact offer. Offers must be linked to properly display an offer in the spot. For example, you might create an Interact offer for a sale on shoes during the holidays. This Interact offer does not include the images or HTML used for the offer. To represent the Interact offer on the web with images of shoes and other promotional text, you must create an offer in your web content library that includes the Interact offer code.
Parent topic: IBM Interact Spot
- Go to Interact to locate the offer code for an offer.
- Go to your corresponding offer in a web content library in WebSphere Portal.
- Add the Interact offer code to the Name field in the offer in the web content library.