Exploring hidden fields in the Interact content itemAdded by IBM on November 22, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Learn more about Use Existing Session, Debug, and Offers Component hidden fields in the Interact content item.
Parent topic: More options for your Interact Spot
- Hover over an Interact spot.
- Click Open Read Form.
- Click Show Hidden fields.
- Learn about the Use Existing Session, Debug, and Offers Component hidden fields.
Use Existing Session
Specify whether an existing Interact session is used or a new session is started for customers on your site. Debug
To troubleshoot issues, enable debugging on the Interact Server. Offers Component
A single Offers Component is installed by default after you install and deploy the PAA file. To change the manner in which offers are retrieved from your web content library or how offers are displayed, make a backup copy of this component and then modify the component as needed.
For example, you can display offers in a grid pattern by modifying the offers component.
- Click Applications -> Web Content Management -> Marketing -> Components -> Interact.
- Create a copy of the component named Interact Offers-Full. Name this copy Interact Offers-Grid.
- Open Interact Offers Grid and modify the list presentation markup to display offers in a grid.
- Go to Applications -> Web Content Management -> Marketing -> Components -> Interact. Copy the content item named Interact Spot. Name this copy Interact Spot-Grid.
- Open Interact Spot - Grid, click Edit and Show Hidden Fields buttons.
- Modify the Offers Component field to reference Interact Offers - Grid.
- Go to Administration -> Portlets, create a copy of the portlet IBM Interact Spot. Name this copy Interact Spot - Grid.
- In Edit mode, drag the Interact Spot - Grid portlet onto a portal page from the Marketing shelf category in the site toolbar.
- Open the portlet's display menu, and click Configure. In the Content section, click Edit. Select the content item Interact Spot - Grid in the dialog that appears.