Installing Content Template Catalog and Site Builder on virtual portals with no base portalAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on January 8, 2014 | Version 7 (Show original)
|You must install the Content Template Catalog page templates, libraries, and the Site Builder Portal page on each virtual portal to enable users to create sites.
Follow these steps to distribute a shared version of templates and libraries to a virtual portal when no base portal is being used.
Parent topic: First-time installation of Content Template Catalog and Site Builder
- Make a backup copy of the original ctc.properties or ctc-zos.properties file in case you need to revert to it.
- Open the properties file in a text editor and make these changes:
Note: The setting CTC_BASE is set to true by default and shouldn't be changed. This is important because you must install the core CTC files in the virtual portal if they have not been installed in a base portal.Optional settings
- By default, the installer is designed to work offline. This means installation will occur without accessing external DTD files. If your server has access to the Internet, you can set OFFLINE_MODE to false, and external DTD files will be accessed during install.
- A sample site is installed by default. If you do not want to install the CTC Demo sample site, change CTC_DEMO to false.
- Site builder is used to create site and site section templates that can be used to quickly build new sites, or sections of sites. If you do not want to install the Site Builder, change SITE_BUILDER to false.
- Set FORCE_UPDATE to false to decrease the installation time when deploying to multiple virtual portals.
- Set SB_FORCE_UPDATE to false to decrease the installation time when deploying to multiple virtual portals.
- A set of CTC ready groups and users can be installed by setting CTC_USERS to true.
Leave all other parameters to their default settings.
- Save and close the file.
- Ensure your WebSphere® Portal server is running.
- Start the installation program from the command line. If you did not set the administrator passwords in the wkplc.properties file, you must add them to the command line with the syntax:
-PortalAdminPwd password -WasPassword password
ctc-install.batAIX® HP-UX Linux
When the script finishes successfully, the installation is complete.
- Restart the server to enable features used by Content Template Catalog and Site Builder.
- When the server restarts, open a web browser and navigate to the Portal Administration page to check that Content Template Catalog and Site Builder installed successfully. If you installed the demo content, you see a new set of pages at the page root, and a set of Content Template Catalog libraries in the list of Web Content Libraries. If you installed Site Builder a new Site Builder page is also added to the page root, and the Site Builder Template library is included in your list of libraries.
- If you have any custom site templates in the base portal, these need to be exported and then imported into the site builder in the virtual portal, if you want them to be available in the virtual portal.