Integrating WebSphere Portal and IBM Connections is a challenging task. This information provides a sample deployment. It focuses specifically on WebSphere Portal version 22.214.171.124 and the IBM Connections version 4.0 entitlements for Portal customers. The entitlements are the Files and Profiles services.
After you integrate WebSphere Portal with IBM Connections, you have the following items in your environment:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment version 126.96.36.199 or higher
- IBM WebSphere Portal version 188.8.131.52 or higher
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- IBM Connections version 4.0 Files and Profiles
- IBM Connections 4.0 portlets for WebSphere Portal (Profiles portlet enabled)
- Web Application Integrator portlet
This documentation helps you understand the following important concepts:
- The steps that are required to integrate WebSphere Portal and IBM Connections with cross-cell communication between the two products. The two products are installed on different versions for WebSphere Application Server and are, therefore, in separate cells.
- The Web Application Integrator displays the IBM Connections Profiles and Files pages with the WebSphere Portal banner and theme. This tool displays the IBM Connections pages seamlessly with the WebSphere Portal user experience.
- The IBM Connections Profiles portlet can be deployed on to a WebSphere Portal page. This sample deployment is as an example of how to provide a directory of your colleagues on to any page. For example, you can provide a network of local expertise on your site.
Also, while these steps focus on the entitlement services, you can extend the model to integrate more IBM Connections services. These additional services can provide an even richer social experience for your WebSphere Portal deployment.
Parent topic: Integrating IBM WebSphere Portal with IBM Connections Files and Profiles
IBM WebSphere Portal 8 Product Documentation
IBM Connections 4.0 documentation
IBM Connections 220.127.116.11 Portlets for WebSphere Portal (SNPortlet.paa)