Upgrading Content Template Catalog and Site Builder on a base portal or clusterAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on January 8, 2014 | Version 14 (Show original)
|Content Template Catalog and Site Builder will not install unless you modify the ctc.properties or ctc-zos.properties file to customize the installation.
You should already have extracted CTCInstall.zip
to a directory on the server where you want to install Content Template Catalog and customized the ctc.properties
file to specify which components to install.
If you are installing Content Template Catalog on a cluster, you only have to install Content Template Catalog on the primary node. After installing on the primary node, you have to restart all the nodes in the cluster.
Follow these steps to install specific applications on a base portal or a stand-alone server.
Parent topic: Upgrade installation steps
- Make a backup copy of the original ctc.properties or ctc-zos.properties file in case you need to revert to it.
- Open the properties file in a text editor and make these changes:
Mandatory settings when upgrading from Content Template Catalog version 3
- If upgrading from Content Template Catalog version 3, you must change UPGRADE_CTC_3 to true. Content Template Catalog requires that the Page Templates are located under Hidden Pages. This is an optional step when migrating to WebSphere® Portal or Web Content Manager 188.8.131.52, but is required for the Content Template Catalog install. By setting UPGRADE_CTC_3 to true, the Page Templates will be moved under Hidden Pages if they have not been already.
- By default, the installer is designed to work offline. This means installation will occur without accessing external DTD files. If your server has access to the Internet, you can set OFFLINE_MODE to false, and external DTD files will be accessed during install.
- A sample site is installed by default. If you do not want to install the CTC Demo sample site, change CTC_DEMO to false. When you install CTC on the primary node, CTC_DEMO should be set to true. When installing CTC on secondary nodes, CTC_DEMO should be set to false.
- Site builder is used to create site and site section templates that can be used to quickly build new sites, or sections of sites. If you do not want to install the Site Builder, change SITE_BUILDER to false.
- A set of CTC ready groups and users can be installed by setting CTC_USERS to true.
Leave all other parameters to their default settings.
- Save and close the file.
- Ensure your WebSphere Portal server is running.
- Start the installation program from the command line. If you did not set the administrator passwords in the wkplc.properties file, you must add them to the command line with the syntax:
-PortalAdminPwd password -WasPassword password
ctc-install.batAIX® HP-UX Linux
When the script finishes successfully, the installation is complete.
- Restart the server to enable features used by Content Template Catalog.
- When the server restarts, open a web browser and navigate to the Portal Administration page to check that Content Template Catalog and Site Builder installed successfully. If you installed the demo content, you see a new set of pages at the page root, and a set of Content Template Catalog libraries in the list of Web Content Libraries. If you installed Site Builder a new Site Builder page is also added to the page root, and the Site Builder Template library is included in your list of libraries.