Accessibility and keyboard shortcuts in the information centerAdded by IBM on October 1, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Accessibility features help users with physical disabilities, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use the documentation in this information center successfully.
The major accessibility features in this information center enable users to do the following:
- Use assistive technologies, such as screen-reader software and digital speech synthesizer, to hear what is displayed on the screen. Consult the product documentation for the assistive technology for details on using those technologies with this product.
- Operate specific or equivalent features using only the keyboard.
- Magnify what is displayed on the screen.
In addition, the documentation includes the following features to aid accessibility:
- All documentation is presented in HTML format to give the maximum opportunity for users to apply screen-reader software technology.
- All images in the documentation are provided with alternative text so that users with vision impairments can understand the contents of the images.
Use the following key combinations to navigate the interface by keyboard:
Parent topic: About this documentation
- In the topic pane, to go to the next link, press Tab.
- To expand a node in the navigation tree, press Shift+Right arrow.
- To collapse a node in the navigation tree, press Shift+Left arrow.
- To move to the next topic node, press the Down arrow or Tab.
- To move to the previous topic node, press the Up arrow or Shift+Tab.
- To go to the next link, button, or topic node from inside one of the views, press Tab.
- To scroll all the way up or down in a pane, press Home or End.
- To go back, press Alt+Left arrow; to go forward, press Alt+Right arrow.
- To go to the next pane, press F6.
- To move to the previous pane, press Shift+F6.
- To print the active pane, press Ctrl+P.