Migrating MCS with OracleAdded by IBM on October 1, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use this procedure to create a new (target) Oracle database for Multi-Channel Server (MCS) and migrate the data from your existing (source) database for use by Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0.
- Log in.
Log in as the Oracle user. (An Oracle user is equivalent to a DB2® instance.) If you are logged in as root, run the following command to change to the Oracle user: su - oracle_user
Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- In the new (target) Oracle environment, create a database with the same attributes as your existing MCS database: database name, users, user privileges, and passwords.
For details about creating a database, refer to your database documentation.
Note: In the following examples, the database name is assumed to be name_mcs.dmp and the user name is MCS.
- Export the source MCS user database data into a dump file using the following command:
exp system/password@source_instance_name file=d:/name_mcs.dmp owner=MCS
- Copy the data name_mcs.dmp file to the target Oracle server using any file transfer technique.
- Import the data to the target instance using the following command:
imp system/password@target_instance_name file=d:/name_mcs.dmp FROMUSER=MCS TOUSER=MCS
- Create a new directory. For example, /tmp/migration directory.
- Download the migration.zip (see reference at the end of this page) and extract it to a temporary directory, for example /tmp/migration.
- If Portal is not installed in WP_install_path/PortalServer, edit wemp_migration.sh or wemp_migration.bat (in case of Windows) and update /usr/IBM/WebSphere/PortalServer and /usr/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/ConfigEngine accordingly to reflect the directory path Portal server is installed. Optional : Update jdbc:derby:/usr/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/PortalServer/derby/wpsdb only in case of derby database is used.
- Ensure that PortalAdminPwd and DbPassword are set in wkplc.properties and wkplc_dbdomain.properties
- Change your current directory to /tmp/migration.
- Run the command wemp_migration.sh export. The command saves preload notice data in a file called pln_export.txt. Note that before running the command you need to run the setupCmdLine.sh from AppServer/bin directory and set the CLASSPATH to JDBC the driver jars, for example, in case of Oracle set the CLASSPATH to /opt/IBM/oraclejar/ojdbc6.jar
- Copy pln_export.txt to the temporary directory such as /tmp on the Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 server.
- Restart the WebSphere® Portal server and access the Portal administrative console. The preload notice data will be imported when you restart Portal and access the administrative console and the pln_export.txt will be renamed to pln_export.backup Note: In Windows, on certain occasions and due to file permissions, the file may not be renamed after restarting Portal and accessing the Portal administrative console. In that case, check the customization database of Portal and if Preload Noticed data has been imported to MWP_PLN_RULES table then rename the .txt file manually to .backup
After you successfully migrate the MCS database, proceed to install the new Mobile Portal Accelerator extensions.
Files needed for the preload notice data migration to Mobile Portal Accelerator 7.0.1 from older releases (migration.zip)