After the Portal migration, the new Portal with Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 will be pointing to the old customization database as they share the database as part of the portal migration step. Preload data will be in the customization database but for the Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 to make use of it, you need to migrate the data to the new format.
You need to run the steps described in this section on the new Portal environment that has Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0.
- Create a temporary directory. For example, /tmp/migration.
- Download the migration.zip (see reference at the end of this page) and extract it to a temporary directory, for example /tmp/migration.
- If Portal is not installed in WP_install_path/PortalServer, edit wemp_migration.sh or wemp_migration.bat (in case of Windows) and update /usr/IBM/WebSphere/PortalServer and /usr/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/ConfigEngine accordingly to reflect the directory path Portal server is installed. Optional : Update jdbc:derby:/usr/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/PortalServer/derby/wpsdb only in case of derby database is used.
- Ensure that PortalAdminPwd and DbPassword are set in wkplc.properties and wkplc_dbdomain.properties
- Change your current directory to /tmp/migration.
- Run the command wemp_migration.sh export. The command saves preload notice data in a file called pln_export.txt. Note that before running the command you need to run the setupCmdLine.sh from AppServer/bin directory and set the CLASSPATH to JDBC the driver jars, for example, in case of db2 set the CLASSPATH to /usr/IBM/db2jars/db2jcc4.jar:/usr/IBM/db2jars/db2jcc_license_cu.jar
- Copy pln_export.txt to the temporary directory such as /tmp on the Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 server.
- Restart the WebSphere® Portal server and access the Portal administrative console. The preload notice data will be imported when you restart Portal and access the administrative console and the pln_export.txt will be renamed to pln_export.backup Note: In Windows, on certain occasions and due to file permissions, the file may not be renamed after restarting Portal and accessing the Portal administrative console. In that case, check the customization database of Portal and if Preload Noticed data has been imported to MWP_PLN_RULES table then rename the .txt file manually to .backup
- Login to the Portal Admin console, and edit the mpaplnDS datasource created under Resources -> JDBC -> Data sourcesand make sure its pointing to the customization database which portal is using.
When you finish migrating the Everyplace Mobile Portal database tables, proceed to the next topic.
Files needed for the preload notice data migration to Mobile Portal Accelerator 7.0.1 from older releases (migration.zip)