You should have performed the required steps and actions as described in the Performing required steps before installing Mobile Portal Accelerator
If you will be using Mobile Portal Accelerator in a production environment, in addition to the procedure outlined in the previous topic, you must also perform the following required steps which are documented in the WebSphere
® Portal product documentation.
You do not need to perform these steps if you will be using Mobile Portal Accelerator in a development environment.
- Complete WebSphere Portal database migration from Derby to one of the supported databases.
(For a list of supported databases, refer to the topic Software requirements.)
- Configure security. You should configure security before installing Mobile Portal Accelerator. However, if you enable security after installing Mobile Portal Accelerator, you must follow the procedure in the Updating the Multi-Channel Server web configuration topic.
- Reconfigure WebSphere Portal to use a web server such as the IBM® HTTP Server instead of the internal HTTP transport within WebSphere Application Server.
- Verify that your WebSphere Portal deployment with the supported database, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), and HTTP server is running without errors.
Check the logs for errors as shown in the following example:
- Log in to WebSphere Portal as administrator and view pages.
- Check the following log files:
[[Variable names used in the information center for user supplied informationmpa8|wp_profile_root]]/logs/WebSphere_Portal/SystemOut.log[[Variable names used in the information center for user supplied informationmpa8|wp_profile_root]]/logs/WebSphere_Portal/SystemErr.log
Proceed to the appropriate Installing MCS
topic for your environment.
Parent topic: Preparing to install Mobile Portal Accelerator
Hardware and software requirements
WebSphere Portal product documentation