Refer to the topics under the Planning
section of this information center and be sure that you have performed the planning steps required for your Mobile Portal Accelerator installation.
The following procedure lists the required steps and actions that you need to perform before installing Mobile Portal Accelerator.
- Install one of the prerequisite databases.
(For a list of supported databases, refer to the topic Software requirements.)
- Install WebSphere® Portal, along with any applicable fix packs. (Fix packs are listed in the WebSphere Portal readme.) For more information, refer to the Mobile Portal Accelerator readme.
Note: If WebSphere Application Server is not already installed, use the quick install procedure for WebSphere Portal. It will install both WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Portal.
In addition, by default, the required Java™ SDK 1.6 service release 1 is also installed during the WebSphere Application Server installation.
- Make sure that WebSphere Portal is running without errors.
Check the logs for errors as shown in the following example:
- Log in to WebSphere Portal as administrator and view pages.
- Check the following log files:
[[Variable names used in the information center for user supplied informationmpa8|wp_profile_root]]/logs/WebSphere_Portal/SystemOut.log[[Variable names used in the information center for user supplied informationmpa8|wp_profile_root]]/logs/WebSphere_Portal/SystemErr.log
- Unpack the file wp.mobile.zip to create Multi-Channel Server (MCS) and Mobile Portal Accelerator install images on your WebSphere Portal server.
Use an archive utility to unzip wp.mobile.zip
to a temporary directory, for example tmp
file is located on the product CD labeled:
IBM® Mobile Portal Accelerator Version 8.0
Disc 1 of 2
If you are using Passport Advantage
® to download images from the web, or if you have access to either the appropriate IBM
internal software or Business Partner download sites, download the image labeled:
IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator Version 8.0
Image 1 of 2
- Install MCS and Mobile Portal Accelerator as a ConfigEngine assembly.
./ConfigEngine.sh -install -assemblyIudd sdd.xml -assemblyRoot /tmp_unzip_dir/wp.mobile -installLocation WP_install_path /IBM/WebSphere -offeringName PortalServer
ConfigEngine -install -assemblyIudd sdd.xml -assemblyRoot c:\tmp_unzip_dir\wp.mobile -installLocation WP_install_path c:\IBM\WebSphere -offeringName PortalServer
- tmp_unzip_dir is the name of the temporary directory to where you unzipped wp.mobile; for example, tmp
- WP_install_path is the location you specified when installing the WebSphere Portal server, for example:
Before installing Mobile Portal Accelerator in a production environment, proceed to the Performing recommended steps before installing Mobile Portal Accelerator
You do not need to perform these recommended
steps if you will be using Mobile Portal Accelerator in a development environment. You can proceed to the appropriate Installing MCS
topic for your environment.
Parent topic: Preparing to install Mobile Portal Accelerator
Hardware and software requirements