The migration instructions are based on the following assumptions:
- You are migrating from an IBM WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable version 6.0.1 environment with a supported WebSphere Portal version 6.0.1.x (see the IBM Support Portal for latest fix pack versions; also, refer to the Migrating section in the WebSphere Portal product documentation for detailed instructions about WebSphere Portal migration) to an IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 environment with WebSphere Portal version 8.0 (or higher).
- Your old and new installations are using separate WebSphere Portal and Multi-Channel Server databases.
In the sections that follow, the term Everyplace
Mobile Portal Enable is used as a shorthand name for the IBM WebSphere Everyplace
Mobile Portal Enable product.
Performing the migration
Follow these steps to migrate your Everyplace
Mobile Portal Enable version 6.0.1 installation to Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0:
Migrating a clustered deployment
Verifying the migration from version 6.0.1
Completing the migration from version 6.0.1
IBM Support Portal
Migrating (in the WebSphere Portal product documentation)
- Back up the databases and the directory structure for the earlier portal server installation.
- Install Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 as described in the Installing section of this information center.
Use the ConfigEngine.sh mwp-config
task when installing the Mobile Portal Accelerator extensions unless
you plan to use the sample pages and sample portlets provided with Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0.
After installing version 8.0, you must migrate your Multi-Channel Server polices because the two do not use the same schema. Refer to the topic Migrating Multi-Channel Server policies
- Perform a full WebSphere Portal migration as described in the Migrating section in the WebSphere Portal product documentation
During this WebSphere
Portal migration process, the following items are migrated:
- Your custom page, label, and URL definitions
- Your extended properties
- Your preload notice configuration data
- Your custom client definitions from your previous installation that used the tree, icon, or pdamarkup versions are migrated to use the XDIME navigation views (treeview, iconview, and pdaview) of the new installation
The command-line tool imports your existing configuration into the Mobile Portal Accelerator version 8.0 environment.
- Finish the migration. See the topic Completing the migration for details.
- Verify that the migration was successful. See the topic Verifying the migration for details.