Retrieving the device repository
You can retrieve the latest device repository by using the Import function of the Mobile Portal Toolkit (MPTK). To use this function, you must have an authorized user ID and password, which can be obtained by sending a request to email@example.com
You can obtain multiple user IDs if you need them. Use a single request to obtain all of the user IDs. Do not send multiple requests.
This is also the address for sending requests for new devices. You can request that a mobile device definition be added without opening a problem report with IBM Support. For further information, refer to the topic Using the device update service
Checking the device repository's revision level to resolve mismatches
If you experience unexpected behavior with a device when it attempts to access Mobile Portal Accelerator, check SystemOut.log
may report a mismatch between the device repository and a device being used. The accompanying error message that looks like the following example:
00000066 DevicesHelper W ...MCSAA0554W:
Device name not found for user agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727;
.NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
Often, this problem is caused when the device repository is not at the latest level.
To find the revision level for the device repository, follow the appropriate procedure:
Mobile Portal Accelerator runtime
Mobile Portal Toolkit
In this environment, the device repository is imported to the Multi-Channel Server (MCS) database. Connect to the MCS database and run the following SQL query:
select MAX(value),project from vmpolicy_values where policy='versionadded'and value <> '?' group by project
This example applies to a DB2
® database. Modify it as needed for Oracle Database or Microsoft Microsoft
® SQL Server.
Informal method using devices.mdpr
In this environment, the device repository is located in devices.mdpr
. Follow these steps:
- Create an MCS project or a mobile portlet project.
- Drag devices.mdpr (located in wp_root/repository/xml-repository) to the /mcs-policies directory.
- Double-click the copied devices.mdpr. Point the devices repository to the same devices repository location, if you are prompted to do so.
- In the device repository editor, click the last tab. The revision number displays in the format YYYYMMDDnn. For example, 2009081901 indicates August 19, 2009.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting
Using the device update service
You can also find the revision level by following these steps:
- Navigate to the directory wp_root/repository/xml-repository.
- Unpack the devices.mdpr file (it is a renamed .zip archive) to a temporary folder.
- Open the unpacked folder.
- Open the file repository.xml The revision number displays in the format YYYYMMDDnn. For example, 2009081901 indicates August 19, 2009.