As mentioned earlier, the Social Media Publisher establishes a link between a particular authoring template and a particular social network. This section describes the set-up of social media publisher to link the Events authoring template and Heather Reeds' connections account.
Create configuration document
The configuration of the Social Media Publisher uses WCM content and components in the "Social Configuration" content library. To work with the configuration, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the WCM library explorer and select the Social Configuration
library. (Note you must do this as a user with permission to create and edit content in this library).
2. Create a new social network configuration document. In the Social Configuration library, select New
--> Select from all Content Templates
, as shown below. If you have recently created a social network configuration, you may see the relevant authoring template directly in this menu.
3. In the dialog that appears, select the template Social Network Configuration
. If you are using the portal in a supported language other than English, you may see a localized title for this authoring template. When you have selected an authoring template, the new, blank, social network configuration content item will appear.
4. The complete authoring template is shown below. In this image, you can see that we have populated the name and title of the configuration document, and entered the host name of the portal server that will be used in URLs generated in the Connections posting. Following this image, we zoom in on the social network information section and how to populate it.
5. The social network information section is configured by selecting the type of social network you wish to configure. In our case, we select IBM Connections.
Select the name of the credential vault slot we created earlier and click Authorize
. The result is shown below.
The radio button "Type" in IBM Connections Properties allows us to control where we wish to post content. The message is populated with the default text from the global settings document created in the previous article.
6. In our scenario, we wish to over-ride this setting with a more personalized message, so we use the Insert tags
link to insert WCM authoring tags as normal. Since this configuration is going to be applied to the Event authoring template, we can use content elements from that template in our message. We configure the message so that our messages will resemble:
We've got an exciting new event called IBM Connections Demo is scheduled at IBM EGL Lab, Bangalore starting on March 21,2014 at 10AM.
The configuration used to achieve this is show here:
The WCM Element and URLCmpnt tags are not manually inserted, but created using the "Insert Tags" link in line with standard WCM practice.
7. The Social Network Configuration must also be assigned to a WCM authoring template. This is done in the next section of the authoring template. In our example, we wish to associate publication to Heather Reeds' message board to the Events authoring template and so we simply select that template, with the end result as show here.
8. With this is done, save and close the Social Network Configuration document.