In this section we assign the new or modified workflow to a content item and submit the content for review. We then log in to Connections as the approver to view the Activity Stream notification.
Modifying a content item and submitting into the custom workflow
Follow these steps for this test:
1. Select a piece of content to modify and click the Edit
2. In the resulting edit form, select the Properties tab -> Workflow -> Select Workflow
and select the workflow created or modified in the previous step.
3. Modify some of the content.
4. Click on the Save and Submit for Review
option within the Save selection list.
The modified content item is now submitted into the approval stage of the workflow. This should trigger our custom workflow action to distribute the approval notification to the content approver (Heather Reeds).
Reviewing notification in the approvers' Activity Stream
In this test, we log in to Connections to test that our custom workflow action has posted the notification successfully. Follow these steps:
1. Log in to Connections as Heather Reeds to check her Activity Stream for the content approval notification.
We see that Heather has an Action Required. This has been posted by the content approval workflow and contains some of the content that was submitted.
2. Selecting the More...
link shows more information about the content and some links to read, approve or reject the content.
We have successfully posted a notification from a WCM custom workflow action to the Connections Activity Stream of our content approver.