To implement an OpenSocial gadget in IBM Connections, you need to have the necessary skills and enable developer mode in IBM Connections.
To be able to implement the OpenSocial gadget use case scenario, a solid understanding of the following topics is strongly recommended:
1.IBM Connection Administration.
1. Eclipse IDE
2. OpenSocial Explorer
3. Mozilla Firefox and the Firebug plug-in
5. Be familiar with any language and development IDE.
Enabling developer mode in IBM Connections
The process for adding a gadget to IBM Connections once it has finished development is reasonably straightforward; however, it can be cumbersome while a gadget is still in development and updates are being made. For this reason, it can be useful to enable developer mode and skip many of the white listing or wsadmin command steps needed when adding a finalized gadget.
Developer mode allows you to control the access settings of a gadget by appending a query string to a gadget URL. In this way, you can quickly test a gadget anywhere in IBM Connections, with any access settings you want, without handling any white listing or wsadmin commands.
To enable the developer mode for OpenSocial gadget, follow these steps:
1. Launch the wsadmin client from Deployment Manager node:
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -username -password
2. Execute the following command to initialize the IBM Connections Administrative Interface:
3. Checkout the OpenSocial configuration files:
4. Modify the following values to enable the OpenSocial developer mode:
5. Check-in the OpenSocial configuration files:
6. Synchronize the nodes:
7. Restart the IBM Connections server.