To improve productivity and provide the right information at the right time to the right people, organizations need to improve their communication and collaboration with customers and employees. People are constantly reading and writing emails. Content such as emails are being produced in an ever-increasing speed and people are spending a lot of time searching for these content. The challenge for every organization, employee, and customer, is to find the relevant information that is hidden in a pool of content. Knowledge searching and sharing thus have become exceedingly difficult.
Creating a social digital experience with IBM Connection and other IBM products and offerings provide the following benefits for organizations:
- Engage instantly and in context to get business done by staying on top of relevant activity in your professional networks and communities.
- Act quickly and responsively to customers by pivoting rapidly between internal and external communities.
- Create an ideal community experience and anticipate the needs of a community by monitoring social activity and participation.
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by creating, connecting, and sharing in one easy-to-use social experience.
- Access your communities from a variety of channels ranging from a web browser via normal desktop computers, to mobile, and handheld devices.
- Innovate through cultivation of critical information from co-workers, colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Use numerous points of integration with other products to establish many possible ways to create and consume multimedia content.
- Provide high scalability capability to meet the demands of tens to hundreds of thousands of users.
- Customize and brand access points and displays to deliver an experience unique to your company.
IBM Connections integrates activity streams, calendaring, wikis, blogs, email capability, and flags relevant data for action. It allows, for instance, collaboration with one simple click, and enables you to build social, secure communities both inside and outside the organization to increase customer loyalty and speed business results. The new IBM Connections mail capability provides simplified access to email within the context of the social networking environment.
The following figure shows the various features that IBM Connections offers.
With IBM Connections, organizations can integrate and analyze massive amount of data generated from people, devices, and sensors, and more easily align these insights to business processes to make faster, more accurate business decisions. By gaining deeper insights into customer and market trends and employees’ sentiments, businesses can uncover critical patterns to help them not only react swiftly to market shifts, but predict the effect of future actions.
The new capabilities of IBM Connections Version 4.5 empower employees from every line of business, such as marketing, human resources, and development to gain actionable insight into the information being generated in their social networks. For example, the IBM Connections landing page features a single location that allows users to view and interact with content from any third party solution through a social interface, alongside their own company’s content, including email and calendar. The embedded experience of the news feed, also known as an activity stream, allows employees from any department within an organization to explore structured and unstructured data (such as Twitter feeds, Facebook posts, weather data, videos, log files, and SAP applications), to electronically sign documents, and to quickly act on the data as part of their everyday work experience.
For more information on business values of IBM Connections, see:
IBM Redbooks Solution Guide, Achieving Real Business Value with IBM Connections