The Connections portlets use Dojo capabilities. But, the default themes for Portal 184.108.40.206 and Portal 8.0 do not load Dojo to render the theme faster. Hence we must configure Portal to use the Dojo theme modules required for Connections.
Note: You do not need to perform any additional steps for the sample portal pages that are deployed under IBM Connections when you install the IBM Connections V4.5 portlets. Those pages are already configured to use the full profile theme.
A profile defines the modules that are used to render a page for the theme.
Follow the steps below to add or remove the Dojo modules required for Connections portlet to be deployed in custom portal page:
1. Download AnyClient
2. Using AnyClient
, we can connect to Portal Server through the WedDAV
protocol. Enter the values for AnyClient as mentioned below.
3. Click Connect.
4. In the Remote System, browse to directory: /ibm.portal.80Theme/
. Download the metadata.properties
file which contains the properties of the Portal 8 theme profile to your local system as shown below.
5. Look for the property name resourceaggregation.profile
. Here the profile is referring to profile_deferred.json
6. Again, browse to directory : /ibm.portal.80Theme/profiles/
Download the profile_deferred.json
file and add the Dojo theme modules "wp_liveobject_framework"
" section as below. Save the changes.
7. After modifying the themes in your local system, upload the modified profile_deferred.json
file to the directory /ibm.portal.80Theme/profiles/
Restart Portal Server.
8. We can now find that the Connections Portlets like Activities, Forums, Blogs are displayed in WebSphere Portal without error.