IBM Connections portlets are ready-to-use portlets designed to fetch IBM Connections social data within the context of portal.
The following IBM Connections portlets are available to use inside portal:
- Activities – Collaboration tool for collecting, organizing, sharing, and reusing work related to a project goal.
- Activity Stream – Integration portlet that lets you monitor and interact with people and content that you are following.
- Blogs – Online journals you can use to deliver timely information with a personal touch.
- Bookmarks – Social bookmarking tool that you can use to save, organize, and share Internet and intranet bookmarks.
- Tags – Meaningful keywords you can use to find associated content.
- Profiles – Directory of colleagues you can use to build a network and locate expertise.
- Wikis – Repository for sharing and collaborating on pages of interest to your group.
- Forums – View and contribute to discussion topics.
- Community Overview – View basic community information like the description, tags, and community owners. Perform basic community actions from the portlet.
- Blogs Summary – Choose a view to see a snapshot of recent, latest, or featured blog activity
- Profiles Summary – View a summary of information about your colleagues.
- Forums Summary – View a list of forums that you can access.
- Bookmarks Summary – View a list of bookmarks you can access.
- Library – Upload, manage, organize, and collaborate on community files contained in a library.
By installing and configuring Connections portlets, you can deploy these portlets selectively on portal pages where you want to show Connections data for that specific service.
Further using these portlets, Portal pages can be configured to surface a community specific data on a portal page.
These portlets can also be used to search Connections content in portal search. When Connections search is configured in portal, social data from Connections can also be searched along with portal content via Portal Search center. When user clicks on Connections content in the search results, user is navigated to the IBM Connections porlets (if configured on portal pages) or IBM Connections.
All Summary portlets are read only, lightweight portlets to display Connections content. By configuring navigation, when a user clicks on any content on a Summary portlet, the user can be navigated to Details portlet or to Connections to perform creation and editing functionality.
Downloading IBM Connections portlet
IBM Connections portlets can be downloaded from IBM Collaboration Solutions Catalog
Download the latest available build.
Installing IBM Connections portlets
Installations of the IBM Connections portlets is simplified with the solution installer for WebSphere Portal.
Before starting with the installation process, make sure the following are true:
- Portal and Connections are running properly.
- SSO is working correctly between Portal and Connections.
- SSL certificate from Connections is imported to your WebSphere Portal server.
Follow the procedure as documented in the product wiki here
for installing the portlets.
Configuring the IBM Connections portlets
After the installation is complete, a set of sample portal pages will be created with the portlets deployed on them. You can customize these pages to fit your needs or remove them and create new pages.
Follow the documentation Configuring the portlets on a page
to manually create pages and deploy portlets on them.