IBM Connections Tags portlet enables you to explore IBM Connections content by user defined tags. On any portal page, you can place Tags portlet in association with any other service portlet such as blogs, activities, forums, etc. Tags portlet can also be configured to show the tags relevant to the specific Connections Service portlet.
The communication between the Tags portlet and the Service portlet happens by the means of portal events (property broker architecture). Every Service portlet fires a property broker event as Tags Payload
and accepts Selected Tag
Configuring Tags portlet wires
In the following steps, we take an example of configuration with Forums portlet. Similar steps needs to be performed for other service portlets.
1. Log in to portal as an administrator.
2. Go to Adminstration
-> Manage pages
3. Search for the page where Tags portlet and Service portlet (in our case, Forum) are placed.
4. Click Edit Layout
Icon to get the option to edit layout of this page. In this edit screen, you can go to the Tags portlet. Click on the drop down and select Edit Shared Settings
5. In the Shared Settings pop-up window, you get the options for all the available Connections services. Make sure pop-ups are enabled in browser.
6. Select the Forums
Service or any other service which you want to associate with Tags portlet. Click Save
7. Now on parent window, select the Wires
tab to get options to enable inter-portlet
communication as shown below.
8. From the drop down, you can select the the Source portlet and Corresponding target portlet as mentioned in the table. For our scenario, we create two wires, one from Tags portlet to Service porlet (Forums) and another from Service portlet (Forums) to Tags portlet.
9. After Successful addition of wires, the screen would look like below:
10. Click Done
and now you have successfully created wires between Tags and Forums portlet.
To test this functionality, navigate to this page and then select any tag from the Tags portlet. The corresponding Service portlet will filter its view according to the selected tag. Similarly, on switching between the various views of Service portlet, the Tags portlet will refresh itself to display only tags which are most appropriate for selected view.
By following the above specified steps, wires can be created between Tags and any Service portlet.