In order to install IBM Forms Experience Builder 8.5, you need to create and prepare the database and WebSphere Application Server profile.
Creating and preparing the database
Follow these steps to create and prepare the database required for the Forms Experience Builder:
1. Start the DB2 Command Window.
2. Run the following commands to create the Form Experience Builder databases:
a. db2 "CREATE DB FEBDB using codeset UTF-8 territory us PAGESIZE 32768"
b. db2 connect to FEBDB
c. db2 "CREATE USER TEMPORARY TABLESPACE LARGE_USERTEMP PAGESIZE 32k MANAGED BY AUTOMATIC STORAGE EXTENTSIZE 16 PREFETCHSIZE 16 BUFFERPOOL IBMDEFAULTBP"
After verifying that the right database is created for IBM Forms Experience Builder, we can proceed to creating a WebSphere Application Server custom profile.
Creating custom WebSphere Application Server profile and federating it
In our scenario, we describe how to create a custom profiles with a servername that is more meaningful than the commonly used "server1".
Follow these steps to setup WebSphere Application Server profile for Forms Experience Builder:
1. Go into E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer8\bin\ProfileManagement for windows.
For Linux, go to /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/ProfileManagement.
2. Run the pmt.bat or pmt.sh.
3. On the Profile Management Tool, click on the Create button.
4. Select Custom Profile, and click Next.
5. Change the "Profile name" field and the "Profile directory" with your custom name, in this case we use AppSrvFeb01.
6. Use the default Node name and Host name and click Next.
7. Since now you are going to federate the newly created to Custom Profile, check the SOAP port inside the Connections Deployment Manager.
If you are not sure, go to WAS Console -> Deployment Manager
8. Now go back into Profile Management Tool procedure, add the IBM Connections Deployment Manager host name, the SOAP Port and an administrative user and password and click Next.
9. Leave the defaults for Profile Management Tool.
10. Extend the default lifetime of Certificates to 10 years or the appropriate years you needed.
11. Take notes of ports assigned by the Profile Management Tool.
12. Check the final summary and create the Websphere Application Server profile.
13. Uncheck the Launch the first steps console and then click Finish.
At this point we have created and federated a WebSphere Application Server profiles into the IBM Connections Deployment Manager. Now we need to manually create the WebSphere Server that host the IBM Forms Experience Builder application.
To create WebSphere Server that hosts the IBM Forms Experience Builder application, log in the IBM Connections Deployment manager and follow screen in order to create the server:
1. Select Server Types -> WebSphere application servers and click New.
2. Select the node that corresponds to the server you wish to create, enter the appropriate server name, and click Next.
3. Keep the default server template and click Next.
4. Check Generate Unique Ports and click Next.
5. Confirm the new server set up.
At this point, you have successfully created the WebSphere Application Server for IBM Forms Experience Builder.