To integrate IBM Forms Experience Builder with IBM Connections, you need to install Form Experience Builder and configure it.
Installing IBM Forms Experience Builder
To install IBM Forms Experience Builder, follow these steps:
1. Extract the download file to a temp directory. For our scenario, we used F:\forms_files
2. Run F:\forms_files\launchpad.exe
, in a Linux environment)
3. Select the product to be installed. In this example, there is just one.
4. Accept the contract license to proceed with the installation.
5. Change the default folder installation path.
6. Select IBM Forms Experience Builder Connections Integrator
7. Insert the values of the Application Server profiles you previously created. In the drop-down menu, the values for profile name and Application Server name should be automatically discovered.
8. Configure the database source values, with the same jdbc URLs and providers where you created the database in the previous steps.
9. Get ready for the mail notification, and fill the values accordingly to your configuration.
10. Insert the Communities URL for your existing Connections deployment. This should be the value stored in your LotusConnectionsConfig.xml
11. Click Next
will start the installation.
Now everything should be correctly installed.
After IBM Forms Experience Builder is installed, you can proceed with the configuration by integrating with IBM HTTP Server.
Configuring IBM Forms Experience Builder with IBM HTTP Server
Although this is not a mandatory step, we highly recommend that you do so.
1. Go to Deployment Manager
console and select Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications
2. Click into Forms Experience Builder
3. Click the Manage Modules
4. In the Manage Modules, be sure that both WebSphere Application Server "FebServer01
" and the WebServer1
you defined are checked, for both your Forms modules.
5. Go back to Servers, Server Types - Web servers
, select your webserver and then click Generate Plug-in
and the click Propagate
6. Restart your HTTPServer and verify that that http://server/forms shows the Forms application.