Configuring IBM Connections portlets on Portal pages
At this stage IBM connections portlets are properly installed and configured. Before moving ahead, verify that the following steps are done successfully:
1. IBM Connections portlet is installed
2. Dyna cache instance is configured.
3. Resource environment provider is configured
4. SSL Security certificate for the connections server is installed on portal.
5. Application specific Portal AJAX Proxy is configured.
If all the above prerequisites meet, then putting IBM connections portlets on portal pages is as same as putting any other portlet on any portal page.
Now, in this section you will create a new portal page and will put tags cloud and forms portlet on one page. Similar steps can be repeated to create other portal pages or to place other service portlets on page.
Creating Portal pages
Steps to create a new portal page:
1. Login to IBM WebSphere Portal server using Administrator credentials and then move to Administration and drill down to Manage pages. This will list the portal pages content root. From here, you may drill down to any location where you want to create a new page as below.
2. Click on New page, it will take you to screen to define Title for this portal page as below:
Additionally, you may add page unique name here to enable these pages for portal search content and summary to details portlet navigation. For more details, refer to section 5.6.3 Setting up Portal Search/Summary portlet to Connections Details Portlet Navigation.
3. Click on save it will list down the newly created page.
4. Similarly following steps from 1 and 2, you may create pages for each IBM connections service which you want to configure. After addition to all service pages with their required unique names it should look like below:
At this stage, we have created portal pages for all the services available in IBM connections. Now next step is to place required/desired portlets on these pages.
Generally, we create a home page where we put all the summary portlet available and then on connections application specific pages one service portlet and tags portlet. Additionally on these pages you may put any other portlet too including IBM Connections details portlet for service and/or IBM Connections summary portlet.
Putting IBM Connections portlets on portal pages
To configure IBM Connections portlets on portal pages you need to follow the steps below:
1. Login to IBM WebSphere Portal server using Administrator credentials and then move to Administration and drill down to Manage pages. This will list the portal pages content root. From here, you may drill down location where this page lies on which you want to add IBM connections service capability by adding portlet. For example we will put a Tags and Forums portlet on Forums page created in previous step.
2. This will take you the page layout screen from by clicking on Add Portlet button, you will get screen as shown below:
3. In Search text box enter the portlet name (forums in this case) and click on search button. This will list down all the matching portlets as below:
4. By selecting the desired portlet and clicking on OK button, it will add this selected portlet in portal page.
5. By repeating the step 2 to 4 you may add other portlets too on this page. In this case, we have added three portlets on Forums page and then the page layout screen would look like below:
6. Click on Done, it will take you to the page listing screen.
By performing above defined steps you have successfully added the required/desired portlets to the portal pages.
This article is one of several describing how to use community pages and connections portlets:
5.2 Using community pages and connections portlets