Creating community pages on portal
There may be many communities in connections and a community may have many services like blogs, wikis, forums etc…enabled. To configure a community page you may follow the steps below:
1. Login to portal using Administrator rights.
2. Move to Administration and then click on Manage Pages. It will give the root hierarchy of portal pages and then you may navigate to the root page where you want to add a community page.
3. Under the desired location click on New page this will take you to the screen which lets user to create a new portal page.
4. This will take you back to the page listing screen, and list newly created page. From this screen locate the page and click on Edit Page Properties option
5. From Edit Page screen, expand Advanced Options as
6. Select I want to edit associations option to provide page associations
7. This enables you to provide page association through screen select community tab and click on Select a community button.
8. This will take you to screen to search/select communities available in configured IBM Connections Server.
9. Select the connections community which you want to configure and click Select it will list the selected community in association view. Click on Ok then on popup click yes.
10. It will take you to page properties view, click on OK.
11. It will take you to page listing view and by performing above steps you have made this portal page community aware. Any IBM Connections Portlet placed on this page would be able to surface content which is from the associated community only.
This article is one of several describing how to use community pages and connections portlets:
5.2 Using community pages and connections portlets