Install and configure Social Network Portlets
Social Network Portlets gives us a collection of portlets that can be used to integrate Connections services within the context of Portal pages.
Social Network Portlets (SNPortlets.paa) can be downloaded from Lotus Greenhouse Catalog. It is a zip file and on extracting the zip file, it gives us SNPortlets.paa archive file. Follow the below steps to install and configure the Social Network Portlets:
1. Copy the Portal Application Archive (PAA) SNPortlets.paa to <PortalServer_root>/prereq .
2. Change directory to <wp_profile>/ConfigEngine .
3. Install the Social Network Portlets by executing the command :
./ConfigEngine.sh install-paa -DPAALocation=/opt/WebSphere/PortalServer/prereq/SNPortlets.paa
4. Deploy the Social Network Portlets by executing the command :
./ConfigEngine.sh deploy-paa -DappName=SNPortlets
5. Configure the Social Network Portlets by executing the command :
./ConfigEngine.sh configure-SNPortlets -DICbaseURL=https://connectionsww.demos.ibm.com -DICprofilesContextRoot=profiles -DICfilesContextRoot=files -DICprofilesURL=https://connectionsww.demos.ibm.com -DICprofilesURLunsecured=http://connectionsww.demos.ibm.com:9081
Here, specify the URL of Connections server.
6. Restart Portal Server.
7. Log in to Portal using the Connections user email@example.com/passw0rd as the user name/password. Now, we should be able to see Profiles
tab under Home
tab as shown below. This confirms that SNPortlets has been deployed successfully.
This article is one of several describing how to use community pages and connections portlets:
5.2 Using community pages and connections portlets