Display Connections Files in IBM WebSphere Portal by inserting a Link in WCM Rich Text Element
We will now see how to insert a link of a document hosted in a remote Connections server in the Rich Text Element of WCM Authoring Template in IBM WebSphere Portal.
1. Log in to IBM WebSphere Portal as an administrator.
2. Navigate to Applications → Web Content Management
3. Configure the Library which you prefer to use in the Preferences → Configure → Library Selection.
4. Choose the Library in Library Explorer.
5. Click New
→ Authoring Template
. Choose Content Template
6. Create an Authoring Template MyFilesAT
. Click on Manage Elements
button and add a Rich Text Element
. Choose the Display Title Localization as Social Rendering
and Display Title Localization Key as SR_CONTENT_FILES
as shown in the figure below. Save
the Authoring Template.
7. Create a Presentation Template MyFilesPT
. In the Presentation Markup Element, click on Insert Element Tags
button. Choose the Authoring Template as MyFilesAT
. In the Presentation Markup, it displays the Rich Text Element Tags with paragraph
style. Replace the Presentation Markup content as shown below.
8. Create a Site Area FilesSiteArea
. Add the created Authoring Template MyFilesAT
and Presentation Template MyFilesPT
in Add Template Mapping
. Save the changes.
9. Create a content MyFilesContent
and choose the Authoring Template MyFilesAT
. In the Rich Text Element Field Files
, click on Insert Link to Remote Document
as shown in figure below.
10. When we click on the link, it displays a window where we should be able to specify the CMIS URL and the credentials to connect to remote Connections server as shown in the below figure. If you have logged in with Connections user, choose the Authentication method as Use current user
. Here, we have logged in to Portal as Administrator, so choose Use Credential Vault
and Click Next
11. In the figure below, we can find that the files and folders of the logged in Connections user firstname.lastname@example.org is displayed. Choose any file and Click Finish
12. Now, we can find that a link to remote selected document is added in the Rich Text Element.
13. Add the content MyFilesContent
as default content to the SiteArea FilesSiteArea
. Now, try to preview
the content in FilesSiteArea
. We can find that a link to remote document is displayed. By clicking on the link we can either save or open the document.
This article is one of several which describes how to use WCM to render social content:
5.4 Using WCM to render social content