Go to 6.1 Publishing content to from WCM to IBM Connections using Social Media Publisher.
Since WebSphere Portal v220.127.116.11, Social Media Publisher is included in the product installation and must be enabled using configuration engine tasks. This process is described in the product documentation.
Create Social Media Publisher Configuration for Connections
Before proceeding with the configuration, check that the target Social Media server is accessible from the Portal server. Customer environments frequently employ proxies and sites such as Facebook and Twitter are often subject to access restrictions. The Social Media Publisher documentation contains some information about setting up proxies if that is required. In our wiki scenario, we have no access to the internet but the portal and connections servers can ping each other directly without any proxy.
Import Connections Server Certificate
1. Log on to the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console for the portal server, and import the certificate. In our case this was located at:
2. From the Integrated Solutions Console home page, navigate to :
--> SSL certificate and key management
--> Manage endpoint security configurations.
3. On the page that is now displayed, expand the tree to reveal the portal application server in the Outbound configuration section, as shown in the screen shot below:
4. Select "WebSphere_Portal
5. From the screen that appears, navigate to Key stores and certificates
--> Signer certificates
6. Press the "Retrieve from port
" button, and on the form that appears enter the server details before pressing "Retrieve signer information
". If the connection is successfully established, the result will be something like the form shown below:
7. Press OK
to save the configuration. The configuration is applied immediately without any need to restart the server.
Associated articles and topics
This article is one of several describing how to configure the social media publisher:
6.1 Publishing content to from WCM to IBM Connections using Social Media Publisher
This topic is part of the Pattern 3 description: