Go to 6.1 Publishing content to from WCM to IBM Connections using Social Media Publisher.
As noted in the introduction to this section, the Social Media Publisher establishes links between specific WCM authoring templates and specific social media accounts. In this scenario we are going to publish event newsflashes to the Connections account of Heather Reeds, a marketing manager. To do this, we first need to create a portal credential vault slot to hold Heather Reeds' account credentials.
To create the credential vault slot:
1. Navigate to the portal Administration pages as a portal administrator.
2. In the left-hand menu, under "Access", choose "Credential Vault
", which results in the following screen:
3. Choose "Add a vault slot
", which gives a form to create a new credential vault slot. The form should be filled in similar to the screen shot below:
The net result is that Heather Reeds' credentials are stored in Portal so that the Social Media Publisher can post, as Heather, to Connections. This is a technical and operational reasons that using a service account may be preferable, since password changes on the Heather Reeds' account need to be updated into the Credential Vault slot.
We also need to follow the same process to create a further credential vault slot for updating content via the custom workflow actions that are supplied with the Social Media Publisher. The user requires edit access to all content that will be posted via the workflow actions, in our case we will just use "wpsadmin" and create a credential vault slot called "socialWorkflowUser" (note that this is not the default, done to illustrate the use of the global settings document).
Create global settings document
From here on, all Social Media Publisher configuration will be undertaken using WCM tools - configuration objects are stored in the "Social Configuration" library that was created as part of Social Media Publisher installation.
In this library, we now need to create a global settings document. To do this:
1. Navigate to the Social Configuration library. This is done by navigating to WCM: Applications
--> Web Content Management
2. Select the library in the library explorer. If you cannot see the library in the library explorer, you either do not have permission to access it or you have not added the library to your view of the portlet (this can be changed in the Preferences menu on the left).
3. Once in the Social Configuration library, navigate to "components" and you will see a text component containing settings references.
4. Open the "Global Settings Reference
" component and click "Edit
", and before making any changes, press "Save As...
" and save the component with the name "Global Settings" (without quote marks). Do not forget to change the "Localizations" on the display title, either remove the configured text provider all together or select a different text provider.
5. Click OK
. In the edit dialog that appears, we now have a modifable text component that contains properties to control a number of items:
The servers on which the Social Media Publisher should actually publish to social networks
Administrative information about the credential vault used for custom workflow actions
Default templates for blog, wiki and status update posts
6. In our case, we make two changes to this text component but otherwise leave the rest as given in the defaults:
The first property simply gives the name of the credential vault slot we created with a content administrator in the previous step. The second property allows us to manually trigger a full refresh of likes, comments and so on - this is to be used with caution, guidance is given in the configuration itself.
7. With this done, save and close the document.
Associated articles and topics
This article is one of several describing how to configure the social media publisher:
6.1 Publishing content to from WCM to IBM Connections using Social Media Publisher
This topic is part of the Pattern 3 description: