Configuring Rich Media Edition to use an existing DB2 instanceAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on February 23, 2016 | Version 4 (Show original)
|If you are using an existing instance of DB2®, Rich Media Edition requires DB2 version 10.5 or newer. You must configure Rich Media Edition to use the correct version of DB2.
Rich Media Edition automatically installs and configures a copy of DB2
Express-C version 10.5 on the server where you are installing Rich Media Edition. If there is an existing DB2
on the system, this install aborts and leaves your existing DB2
Parent topic: Configuring and deploying the portal for Rich Media Edition server
Next topic: Deploying the Rich Media Edition server applications in Rich Media Edition
- On your DB2 version 10.5 database server, create a database with a page size of 32 K. Enter the following command in a command line. DB2 CREATE DB your_db_name PAGESIZE 32 K.
- In the Rich Media Edition console, click the Enterprise tab.
- Select DB2 as the database type.
- Enter the TCP/IP host name or the TCP/IP address of your existing DB2 server in the Host field.
- Enter your database port.
- Enter the name of the database you created in step 1 in the Database field.
- Enter the name of a user who is authorized to create tables and table data in the User field.
- Enter the password for the database user in the Password field.
- Click Verify to ensure you can connect to your DB2 server.
Note: This step can fail if the DB2 sample database is not on your database server. The verify step connects to the sample database. If you must create the sample database, enter the command db2sampl in a DB2 command line on your DB2 database server. Or, create it from within the DB2 First Steps program.
- On the Enterprise tab, click Apply to save your changes.
- On the Admin tab, click Start MediaBeacon to start your server and create the tables in your database.