User login differences between Rich Media Edition server and IBM WebSphere Portal servers
You can log in to the portal server multiple times with the same user ID at the same time. However, the Rich Media Edition server supports only one concurrent login session per user ID. If two portal users that are using the same user ID try to access assets from the Rich Media Edition server at the same time, only the first user to connect can access the assets in the repository. The second user cannot access the Rich Media Edition server until the first user is done working with the repository.
Open the following ports if you are using Rich Media Edition server with a firewall.
- 1433, if you are using MSSQL
Web Content Manager Images are stored in a cache. If users are authoring image heavy content, the heap may need to be increased or the size of the cache decreased to optimize performance.
Installing Rich Media Edition server verification failure
If the verify step fails when you Install Rich Media Edition server, it is possible the Rich Media Edition installer was unable to create the MB_IBM database because of DB2
® codepage and territory parameters.
Parent topic: Rich Media Edition: Integrating with Rich Media Edition server
- In Windows™, to verify this failure, launch the DB2 Command Line Processor tool. Click Start -> All Programs -> IBM DB2.
- Create the sample database.
- Issue the command db2sampl. If this command fails with the following error: SQL1205N The code page "1208" and/or territory code "0" that has been specified is not valid. the solution is to reset several DB2 parameters.
- Enter the following commands in the DB2 Command Line.
- Restart the Rich Media Edition server.
- Launch the Rich Media Edition server again. The MB_IBM database should be created. Verify the connection to the database.