When you configure WSRP security by WS-Security token authentication, you start by exporting the portal EAR file so that you can later make the modifications required for WS-Security token authentication.
Export the portal EAR file, wps.ear
, according to your network configuration. If you have a cluster environment, you must export the portal EAR file from the Network Deployment (ND) machine.
Before you start this task, make sure that all of the following is true:
- The administrative server of the WebSphere® Application Server has been started:
You are logged in by using the WebSphere Application Server administrative user ID.
- If your portal runs in a base application server node, make sure that the administration server is running. The default name is server1.
- If your portal runs in a Network Deployment (ND) cell, make sure that the Deployment Manager (DM) and all node agents are running.
To export the portal EAR file, proceed by the following steps:
- At a command line, change to the directory was_profile_root/bin, or, if you have a portal cluster installation, change to the directory dmgr_profile_root/bin.
- Export the wps.ear file to a temporary directory by using the wsadmin command. Make sure that all commands are entered on one line. Invoke the command as follows:
- UNIX™: ./wsadmin.sh -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -c '$AdminApp export wps temp_directory/wps.ear'
- IBM® i: wsadmin -profileName profile_root -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -c '$AdminApp export wps temp_directory/wps.ear'
- Windows™: wsadmin.bat -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -c "$AdminApp export wps temp_directory/wps.ear"
Parent topic: Securing WSRP by WS-Security for a Producer portal
Next topic: Importing the portal EAR file into an assembly tool
- For IBM i: profile_root is the name of the WebSphere Application Server profile directory where the portal is installed; for example wp_profile.
- admin_user_id is the WebSphere Application Server administrator user ID.
- admin_password is the WebSphere Application Server administrator password.
- temp_directory is the temporary directory to which you export the portal EAR file.