Backing up the WebSphere Portal file systemAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on June 23, 2012 | Version 2 (Show original)
|Periodically run an automated backup procedure for the IBM® WebSphere® Portal Enable for z/OS® file system.
Periodically run an automated backup procedure for the IBM
® Portal Enable for z/OS
® file system.
Completing prerequisites for backup
Perform the following steps to back up the WebSphere
Portal file system:
Parent topic: Backing up files, databases, and the LDAP server(s)
Previous topic: Completing prerequisites for backup
Next topic: Backing up the LDAP server(s)
- If you are performing an online backup, go to Step 3.
- If you are performing an offline backup, stop all servers.
- If applicable, stop all external HTTP servers.
- Stop all of the WebSphere Portal servers.
- Back up all WebSphere Portal files and subdirectories under the directory PortalServer_root.
- Back up all IBM WebSphere Application Server files under the directory wp_profile_root to capture the complete runtime environment.
- Back up other WebSphere Application Server files under the directory AppServer_root.
- Back up additional custom files outside of the PortalServer, profile, or AppServer directories; such as SSL certificates or shared libraries; that your WebSphere Portal server might use.